Summary of services DMX101 Routing Matrix:
- Routing matrix with different user sections
- Modular 4U high chassis to serve different configurations
- Feature rich board set to support modular from 4×4 to 32×32 configurations
- 4K 60Hz I/O signals, handling all industry standard resolutions and formats
- Handling of colour spaces as RGB 8, YUV 4:4:4, YUV 4:2:2
- controllable HDCP as non-HDCP, 1.4, 2.0, 2.2 handling at the input and output side also
- Real time display of input information over the outputs
- Preview option displaying multiple input signals in stamp sized, live windows inside the remote web based user interface
- Handling of embedded and analogue audio signals at input and output side also
- Fully independent audio matrix switching for embedded or separate analogue audio signals
- Ability to hierarchically assign different user and access rights to selected operators
- Easy-to-use, remote control user interface through platform independent web browser to be run in Windows, Linux, iOS, Android platforms
- Versatile layout management user interface with sophisticated scenario handling
4U high chassis for different project requirements
Your project can be accommodated to a 4U high device to serve the custom project requirements. Robust mechanics and logical interface design guarantee easy installation and operation. The chassis offers:
- Custom design, custom manufactured, made of steel to serve robust mission critical projects
- Regulated fans with very low noise level for long terms and stable operation
- Dual, redundant, hot swappable power supply option
- Frame design optimized for the best cooling and easy board exchange
Immediate, remote check and supervision of device health
You can supervise and check visually the health of the remote chassis by the help of the remote Web based user interface. Continuous health service for supervision of fan rotation, external power supplies, internal power supplies and internal temperature of boards/chassis are possible. The status of these parameters is permanently displayed over the remote user interface while user can check all the status information in detail. The status of these parameters is saved to special log files also.
Highly redundant power connections
The chassis contains internal power supplies supporting all of the international mains electricity standards from 90V up to 265V. The optional second redundant power supplies give high reliability as they are:
- Fully redundant, sharing the system load among the units
- Hot swappable, so they can be exchanged during full operation
- Provide altogether 2 units for the 4U chassis
The system operation can be switched on and switched off by the mains switch on the front of the chassis.
Front LED and push buttons for setup and supervise the first steps
The front panel LED displays status information for setup and control. There are push buttons for navigation and control inside the setup to handle setting up of basic configuration information
- Setting of DHCP or fixed IP address and additional LAN parameters
- Function assignment of signal driving push buttons
- Setting of RS232C signals’ connection parameters
- OSD display settings
- Factory reset setting
Front panel push buttons for quick layout management
There is a set of push buttons for input signal and a separate set for output signal management. They can work for multiple purposes:
- The input buttons can select a certain input signal to be displayed on a certain output channel identified by the output button. This can be used for signal display one-by-one, usually for testing.
- The user can generate layouts and can assign them to push buttons. In this case the push of a certain button recalls the pre-designed layout on a rather straightforward way.
Disable of push button operation to prevent unauthorized access
Front panel push button operation can be disabled using a special system setting. In this case user can prevent un-authorized user action from the front panels and so improve system responsibility.
Easy connection to the world by interface connectors
The DMX101 products contain different control interfaces for the easy local or remote control
- 1 x DVI output connector to display local monitor for system setup and control
- 4 x USB2.0 connectors for firmware upgrade, save/reload configuration information or
- 1 x local mouse for system control
- 1 x local keyboard for system control
- 2 x LAN connection to be connected to TCP/IP networks, to be used for setup and remote control
- 1 x RS-232C connector to handle remote control commands
Convenient local control of the box by mouse, keyboard and local monitor
The DMX101 products provide chance for local control using the locally connected peripherals. Full functioning graphics user interface on the locally connected monitor handles user login and layout management by the mouse and keyboard. The operator sitting in front of the device can manage the full operation without any LAN connection. So system security can be enhanced significantly.
Modular chassis design to serve different size of projects
The modular chassis can accommodate different input boards and build up the custom configuration tailored to the project. The 4U high chassis can handle 4 x input boards and 4 x output boards.
Input and output boards for small and large configurations
The input boards handle:
- 4 x HDMI 4K 60Hz signals, 4 x audio, up to 4K 60Hz resolution
- 8 x HDMI 4K 60Hz signals, 4 x audio, up to 4K 60Hz resolution
The output boards handle
- 8 x HDMI 4K 60Hz signals, 4 x audio, up to 4K 60Hz resolution
Different signal colour formats at your finger tips
The DMX101 devices automatically support different colour spaces as
- RGB 8
- YUV 4:4:4 or
- YUV 4:2:2
Universal L,R audio handling at the input ports & Universal audio handling at the output ports
The 4 x Phoenix connectors handle base line L, R analogue audio signals. The audio connectors have 2 roles depending on user interface setting
- Input of base line, L, R analogue audio signal for internal matrix switch and output audio generation
- Output of audio signal de-embedded from the corresponding HDMI or HDBaseT or SDI input channel
The output signals contain embedded audio where the independent audio matrix can assign audio of any input channels to be embedded. Additionally the 4 x Phoenix connectors handle base line L, R analogue audio output signals for the direct connection to external processing equipment.
So no external audio handling needed as de-embedding, embedding and analogue input audio processing is performed also.
New concept of sections to handle multiple users and services
The DMX101 family introduces the new concept of section. Each of the sections may have assigned input signals to handle, outputs to control and users with different access rights. The hierarchical user right system ensures user access and control to selected sections and so selected inputs and outputs only. The world class DMX101 products provide free setup for the administrator to
- define sections and name them
- assign specific input channels
- assign selected out channel
- define operation mode as presentation matrix, routing matrix or video processor
- assign users
- assign different rights for each user
Rather sophisticated architectures and operation modes can be designed and performed with these new tools.
The right number of input and output signals assigned to the users
The users of different sections may share input signals but have a distinct set of output signals to manage. The channel numbers can be set one-by-one and no restriction to map the 4-channels capability of the input and out boards.
Real time signal handling for perfect customer satisfaction
The DMX101 products perform all operations in real time. No drop of frames, no black frames or transitions can be experienced.
Remote preview of input signals for the total management of the system
The graphics user interface has the built-in option to display stamp sized preview of multiple input signals. This live preview makes possible the check the input signal validity and content by the operator continuously. Great chance to have the total overview what is happening and what must be displayed. This is a remote preview so the operator can see remotely without any direct access to any of the inputs.
Remote preview of output content for full supervision
The graphics user interface has the built-in option to display stamp sized preview of multiple output signals. This live preview makes possible to check the output signal validity and content by the operator continuously. Great chance to have the total overview what is happening and what is be displayed at a given moment. This is a remote preview so the operator can see remotely without any direct access to any of the output signals.
Professional HDCP handling
The products offer professional HDCP handling as supporting HDCP 1.4, 2.0 or 2.2 standards for the perfect integration of the boxes to complex environments. The user can set up at the input side to reflect handling of
- No HDCP
- HDCP 1.4
- HDCP 1.4 or 2.0 or 2.2
The device handles all HDCP standards at the output side depending on the peripheral connected. All the HDCP rules are strictly kept when displaying signals with different HDCP standard.
Perfect EDID handling
The EDID handling at the output and input side has been developed to support easy system integration. Different EDID handling method include the chance to develop custom EDID to be presented to special input sources.
Easy-to-use remote control by graphics user interface
The DMX101 devices can be controlled remotely from a Web browser of any platform.
Remote control compatibility:
The user has to start the browser, type in the TCP/IP address of the DEXON device. Now the user receives an easy-to-use graphics interface where simple mouse clicks can control setups and operation also.
Local language support
The graphics user interface supports users with the option to select a local language for the operation. A lot of different local language options are supported:
- English as default
Different user rights
The web based remote user interface includes handling of different users with different rights. There is an Administrator account that is able to define other administrators or users with different access and control rights.
Operations inside the matrix graphics user interface
The user can perform device and layout management operations by simple mouse clicks. The interface is rather easy to understand and supports all the functions for the remote device control.
Input signal handling options
The user may receive valuable information about the input signals as
- status of input signals one-by-one
- HDCP status
- display of detected input resolution
- content of input signal video in live
Comprehensive input signal management can be performed also, as
- name assignment to that certain input
- setting of required HDCP management
- setting up of custom EDID
- management of input audio as assigning of L,R analogue audio to that certain channel or de-embed the audio from the HDMI signal and drive to the audio connector
Output signal status options
The output ports and displayed signals have a status area reflecting
- Assignment of main input signal
- HDCP status
- Audio status
Automatic test mode operation
A large set of different test patterns and schedules can be recalled and run to each of the output channels where static or even moving test patterns are available. The sequence of different settings with coloured picture can be generated with a single mouse click.
Layout management and signal assignment by push buttons
Special area of push buttons can be used to recall pre-designed signal assignment patterns. From 8 up to 32 layout controlling buttons can recall full system assignment pattern in a glimpse. The buttons can have own name, colour for active and inactive state, even sequential display of patterns can be set up by assigned stepping time and sequence.
Advanced scheduler for calendar based device operation
The advance internal scheduler can be programmed to start or to stop layout display and to send command strings through the RS232C interface to achieve external device control.
Improved system reliability by logging
You can initiate precise logging procedure that saves all the system parameters to files for later revision. The device has 6 levels of logging to save critical data of the configuration and operation.
Sophisticated system parameters
The clever management of this device offers a lot of advanced and sophisticated parameter setting possibilities in the assigned area of the user interface.
- Signal input and output assignment scheme can be developed by the help of a separate page
- System configuration presets of the full DIMAX can be defined and recalled
- TCP/IP network parameters can be set up for the remote control
- RS232 parameters can be set up also
- Passwords for Administrator and users can be defined
- Different user rights can be assigned
- Current date and time setting is possible
- Loading of .png logo to be displayed in user interface window
• Start of test sequences for continuous operation
• Define and start of system parameter logging
• Internal detailed status of fans, temperatures, supply voltages
• Perform a factory reset to initiate all the system parameters to factory default
External keyboard or X-keys handling
You can connect a standard keyboard or a programmable keypad (X-keys) to recall any of the layouts. The user can control the device operation by simple key buttons and display pre-designed layout according to his wish.